- Our Security Staff uses Global Electric Motorcars and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas. Security has an electric Gem Car to help reduce fuel use. The Gem Car is used instead of the gas-powered vehicle whenever possible.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience. Among the strategies is utilizing the natural light available to us with the skylights throughout the mall.
- Escalators at the center are turned on 30 minutes before the mall opens and turned off 30 minutes after the mall closes in order to reduce energy usage.
- All kiosks in the mall have had their lights replaced with low energy bulbs.
- We are working to communicate with all of our retailers via e-mail so we can reduce the amount of paper used.
- All trash is sorted into recyclable vs. non-recyclable goods upon pick up.
- The Management office uses reusable water bottles instead of bottled water and recycles.
Westside Pavilion is proud to partner with local nonprofit TreePeople to create a water-secure and climate-resilient Los Angeles. For 43 years, TreePeople has inspired Angelenos to plant and care for trees, harvest rain to fight drought and transform their homes with climate-appropriate landscapes to keep our cities cool, healthy and to improve local water quality. Visit TreePeople.org to learn more or attend a FREE workshop.